Let’s be honest, cleaning the bathroom is anything but enjoyable. But because of the purposes for which it is used, it is the most important room in your home to upkeep. With that said, there are a few tips and tricks you can use to make cleaning your bathroom fast, easy, and fun. Keep in mind that the size and type of bathroom will affect the time it takes you to clean it.
You will need a few supplies in order to clean your bathroom effectively and quickly:
- No rinse, all purpose spray cleaner
- Sponges with abrasive and soft sides (have multiples)
- Soft Cleanser with bleach
- Toilet brush
- Vacuum with hose attachment or a broom
- Latex gloves
Before anything, put on your favorite music to make the process more lively and fun. Sometimes a really good song, especially a fast-paced one is a great motivator to help you get the job done. Also, always wear latex gloves to ensure safety. You will also want to clear everything out of the bathroom.
Now, you are ready to begin the cleaning process:
- First, the toilet. Spray the all-purpose cleaner on the lid, seat, top and base of the toilet and wipe it with the soft side of the sponge. Then, squeeze a good amount of soft cleanser into the bowl and flush. As it is flushing, scrub the bowl with the toilet brush. Let the remaining solution sit for a few minutes before flushing it away.
- Spray the mirrors, counters, and faucets with all-purpose cleaner and wipe them down with the soft sponge. You can also use glass cleaner cloths on the mirrors.
- For the sink, use the all-purpose cleaner and the abrasive side of the sponge. Rinse out the sink and the sponge thoroughly with water.
- The tub needs the most elbow grease because of its large scale. First, sit or kneel on an old pillow so you can obtain some comfort. Wet the tub with water and use the abrasive side of the sponge with soft cleanser on it to scrub the dirt and grime. Then, rinse the tub.
- The final step is the floor, and it is a very simple task. First, vacuum or sweep the floor. Then, mop it.
Your bathroom can take as little as 15-minutes to clean. Again, the size of your bathroom and whether it is a full or half bath plays a role in the time it takes you to complete this task. If you need assistance with cleaning your bathroom or any other area of your home, give us a call at Great White Cleaning!