So you’re having a party and the house is a mess. Don’t freak out. There are a few steps you can take to prepare both yourself and your home for the bash. Just keep in mind that there are different types of parties, so some of these tips may not apply.
In no particular order, here are the steps you should take when preparing your home for a party.
- Make a list – Make a list of all the rooms that need to be cleaned. If your guests are only going to be in a few rooms on the first floor, then you don’t need to worry about the cleanliness of the upstairs, basement, garage, or any other room you have in your home.
- Common Room – Decide where your guests will be spending the most time and clean those areas first. You could also start at the entryway and work your way to the back of the home. This may cover the areas your guests are most likely to be, but it also depends on the type of party you’re having.
- Declutter – Decluttering can be very time-consuming and overwhelming, but it is important to give your guests the freedom to move about wherever they please. Start with small areas of the room and give yourself plenty of time prior to the party date to go through everything.
- Cut Corners – There are ways to cut corners when getting your house ready. Think about what kind of party it is and who is going to be there. If you’re only having adult guests, then you may only need to clean out the living room. With younger guests, you may need to clean the family room so children can play.
- Stock Up – Have enough stain remover and any other cleaning products you use in case of an accident, which will more than likely occur at least once during the party. Also, take care of the stains and spills as soon as they happen to avoid unnecessary hours of post-party cleanup.
- Get Help – Invite friends and family to help you clean and set up for the party. Be sure to recruit your help as far in advance as possible to ensure that people will be available to help, especially if it’s around the holidays. You can always call a cleaning service if you need help.
- Decorate – Once you’ve finished de-cluttering and making your home sparkling clean, add some decorative elements, like photographs, flower arrangements, and candles to give your home an inviting feeling. If your party has a theme, put up decorations that go along with it.
Don’t be afraid to tackle your home cleaning on your own. As long as you seek help from loved ones, give yourself enough time, and prepare yourself for stains, setting up for your party will be less of a hassle. If you need any assistance with cleaning your home, give us a call at Great White Cleaning.